Will nrm take violators of Urban Laws to Court
Uganda government and its opponents, has only one choice: that is to prosecute kcc leadership, nema, Minister of Works and Transport, umeme, Uganda Electricity Distribution Corporation Limited (UEDCL), Uganda Forest Authority (ufa), National Water and Sewerage Corporation (nwsc), Minister of Health and Director General for Health, Uganda Communication Corporation (ucc), for intentional destruction, pollution of Buganda land and social structures by slumisation, and violation of urban laws.
Baganda landlords, Bibanja holders, property owners and Baganda workers sue the above entities for violation of your rights to a health environment and spread filth in water, air, soils, and atmosphere in Buganda. There is the East African court to start with, but Buganda can try the International Court of Justice. The repercussions of such a legal procedure will be through going.
Reckless destruction the environment and waters in Buganda, placement of industries and factories, Schools and falls squarely under the Land Commission of which leadership should also be prosecuted in courts of law. The land act clearly spells out issues on the environment and land use.
Why haven’t the laws and statutes on law books, not been implemented? Is it intentional murder and destruction of Baganda? The above laws are intended to protect the people why are they not implemented? All laws below have direct implications, Baganda welfare and health but why haven’t they been implemented? Who ask that question and below are the laws:
1. Physical Planning laws;
– The Country and Urban Planning Act 1964,2000
– A poorly written Local Government Act 1997
2. Water Act (surface, underground), nwsc
3. Environmental Act (air, water, soil, atmosphere), nema
4. Forest Act (green belts, forested areas), national forest authority
5. Land Act
6. Building Act (temporary and permanent buildings), kcc
7. Public Health Act. kcc and ministry of health
8. Traffic Act. Ministry Transport and Works
9. Electricity Act 1964 (power lines, networks/installations) ueb aka, umeme, uetcl, uedlc …
- Communication Act (telephony and internet networks/installations) uptl aka ucc, posta, utl
Bwanika – Nakyesawa Luwero.