The Urban World of Swines/Buffoons
Wakiso district had an ambitious programme of developing all small towns in the district. It is alleged people in the opposition parties failed those programmes!! Then nrm as a ruling party, had never tried what so ever, to solicit money or enforce or prosecute those who stopped those Baganda developments.
Buganda, who developed kampala urban master plan! Were Baganda involved and if not, why?
It is said towns to be developed by Wakiso district were; Wakiso, Matuga, Buloba, Kajansi or Kisubi and then go on to develop Gayaza, Nsangi. Notice those towns are almost in a crescent form in a radius of 7 – 12 kilometres from Kampala in the centre, with a murrum road joining; Bukasa, Wakiso, Matuga, Kasangati, Kira, Kyaliwajala, Nakawuka, Sisa to Entebbe road.
Suppose that the nrm government love the law so much, and sets up an independent commission of Judges from; Tanzania, Kenya, Ivory Coast and South Africa; (supported with a special combination of Uganda special urban military and police, Wembley type) with a mandate and express prosecution orders, of whoever has violated the urban planning laws (see below) in Kampala to rectify the problem/s.
will there be change or not
– Try that presupposition to see who will oppose such a legal framework first!
– If slum dwellers be provided with decent provisions i.e. houses, lighting, proper working environment i.e. markets, as Banyankole people are provided with milk collection centres and cooling plants?!!!
– Will nrm fight her military marionettes and thugs i.e. in the business of land grabbing, violating building regulations, traffic regulations (bus and matatu owners),
– Indians violating electricity and telecommunication laws.
– Will nrm prosecute umeme, utl, and minister of works for not conforming to urban laws.
The facts are as plain as daylight.
here is the biggest news;
There is an elderly gentleman called Mr. Merion Tibabiganya, an educated transport, and traffic specialist: once a persistent columnist in the New Vision on Traffic/Transport issues until 2007. All of the sudden his articles disappeared from the New Vision! Was he as allegedly rumoured effectively stopped by the powers that be to write the articles and if yes why?! Baganda who do not exactly understand nrm, and its so-called adversary political partiest (dp), would like to investigate the reasons behind the gentleman’s articles disappearance on transport and traffic issues, from the New Visions – a government owned paper!!!
That is the brutal truth; Buganda has to liberate herself immediately.
Why haven’t the laws and statutes on law book below, not worked and what will make them work in Metropolitan Kampala?! Young Baganda men and women are on drugs, some very well educated relegated to an ever-expanding slum. It is grotesque scenery.
The laws below have a direct implication, on physical urban planning issues, human welfare, and health but why haven’t they been implemented;
1. Physical Planning laws;
– The Country and Urban planning Act 2000
– A poorly written Local Government Act 1997
2. Water Act (surface, underground), nwsc
3. Environmental Act (air, water, soil, atmosphere), nema
4. Forest Act (green belts, forested areas), national forest authority
5. Land Act
6. Building Act (temporary and permanent buildings), kcc
7. Public Health Act. kcc and ministry of health
8. Traffic Act. Ministry Transport and Works
9. Electricity Act 1964 (power lines, networks/installations) ueb aka ,umeme, uetcl, uedlc …
10. Communication Act (telephony and internet networks/installations) uptl aka ucc, posta, utl
an urban commission of judges
Suppose that the government sets up a commission of Judges from; Tanzania, Kenya, Ivory Coast and South Africa with a mandate and assignment to prosecute, whoever has violated the above laws in Kampala and thus give express order to rectify the problem/s at the culprits own cost and in a period of 6 month.
– will there be change or not?
Baganda and Buganda leaving in the world of swines and buffoons: the swines and buffoon’s world view and interpretation will not be same as ours, let us say defining the problems in E’kibuga Kampala; A categorical failure and its content transposed against a supposition that indeed in swines and buffoons world what is reflected in Kampala’s realities today is true to them .
We can’t argue then that buffoons and swines, one day will build a town or city of their own? The truth is that even if a Darwinian time scale was invoked, buffoon’s and swine’s can’t build a town or city as other beings might know or perceive to be! The omnipotent God can’t change that order for in the first place swines and buffoons to leave their lives don’t need organised towns or cities!
Bwanika Nakyesawa Luwero,