Kingdoms, Chiefdoms can reduce misery of subjects
the government develops a lot! Well markets, investment and money can’t develop Nimule and Oraba or Koboko outlets for home made goods to Southern Sudan?
In Kampala just one company with so many names, was hired by Kampala City Council (kcc) to collect market dues from Nakasero, Owino, and City traders’ licence! Yet both, the City Markets and Rental shops remained in such deplorable conditions, only fit for pigs (swine).
nrm political educated class, couldn’t see or hear anything from their gangsters’ paradises!
Since 1986 to date, Luwero police officers are working from and sleeping in grass huts! A buffoon Idi Amin and other political idiots must be laughing uncontrollably.
The Kingdoms and Chiefdoms of Toro, Acoli, Bunyoro, Ankole, Buganda, Alur, Itesot, Busoga, etc., should rectify the situation nrm has forced onto the people, before its too late. Which Kingdoms and Chiefdoms can fail to set up a construction company to serve the above purpose cooperatively or as a joint venture?
Afrikaners can for once understand, Africans since time immemorial have lived in communities and not slums, a mind-boggling perception gap.
Kingdoms and Chiefdoms should start regional housing construction companies and lease out communally owned land. Travel to the Kingdom of Denmark, Sweden and Norway and be taught something new.
- Each Kingdom or Chiefdom utilised ever year, just only 800 acres of land.
- Each acreage could have three housing blocks, with 18 three-four roomed flats, self contained with proper toilets and cooking place. Even though Africans are perpetually dirty to deserve such – a Public Hygiene Act 1964.
- 600 acres would be utilised to build 11 such flats each year and in different locations as need arises.
- 11 flats will have a reasonable 198 (11 blocks x 18 three-four roomed flats) residential facilities.
- 100 acres will be reserved for community villas sold to senior citizens or the cream of that particular society i.e. Professors, Medical Workers, District Directors, etc.
- The rest 200 acres could contain playing fields, (i.e. tennis courts, volleyball, football) some forested areas, fishing areas, simple gardens, simple shopping centres, and prayer places, community schools, kindergarten, parking and access roads.
Implying the working rank and file in Teso, Akole, Kigezi or Arua and Banyankole will be able to have a place of abode without too much concern, about Land Speculation. “A-B” above offers a choice to even the nrm gangsters, to lease a flat or buy a villa in the same community.
Land speculation is dangerously eroding and devastating the ecological and moral imbalance in all communities. Jinja, Mbarara, Kabale, Arua, Mbale have jumped on Kampala madness. In Lira Town Council, well-planned playgrounds are demarcated and sold to local administrators! Schools and hospitals likewise so! In Jinja what was designed as resting Green Park was given away to a developer! Yes developers indeed. Once land on which Stanbic Mbarara sits, was almost grabbed splitting the building housing the bank into two plots!!!
It is a form of hooligandom nrm modernisation stance into!
Just imagine the slumasation going on everywhere – and some typical Africa Estate Developers lying claim to be developing. Building estates with pit latrines! Then nrm goes on, all the way to claim, “yes build the more, we will provide you roads, and water points plus Umeme transformers on the election day” .
Land speculation, burst into flames of endless corruption that has engulfed all societies, young as well as old, women and men. Why is it that there was no land speculation during the Brutish colonial era – yes because nrm clerks had houses to live in.
Bwanika, Luwero Nakyesawa