The Commanders of Uganda people Defence Forces
Subject: Popular will of the People
It is now coming to 5o years since Uganda attained her independence from the British government.
During those years the country has been governed by various regimes, both military and political.
However, in the past 25years, many organisation, the international communities and others to remain in power, sitting “stability” as paramount rather than having any genuinely democratically elected government have supported the government of Uganda.
In the coming days, the people of Uganda will once again participate in the generation election to elect their leaders, using their votes.
This election should be conducted in a free , fair and transparent atmosphere. Therefore, it is upon the Uganda peoples defence Forces, the Uganda Police and other security organisation to understand that:
1. The role of Uganda Peoples Defence Forces is for the Defence of the nation and protection of lives and properties of its people.
2. The role of Uganda police is for the maintenance of law and order in the country. They should police in the service of the nation and its people.
3. People servicing in all security forces in Uganda are sons and daughters of Ugandans. Their Ugandan parents who pay taxes to the government of Uganda pay for the equipments and weapons that they use.
4. The people of Uganda have faith and trust in their security organisation. it is important that faith and trust from the citizens must be maintained because we are all Ugandans, belonging to one country and living under one flag.
5. Some politician may want to take cover under the umbrella of the Army, Police and the other internal security organisations before, during and after elections to advance and achieve their political ambitions.
6. Its is high time for those individuals serving in various security organisations to consider their positions when it comes to meddling in the political affairs of the nation. They can either remain to be members of the armed forces or other security organisation or resign from the security service because you can not serve two masters at the same time.
7. The concept of one man rule including that of inheritance is now a past by say way of handing power in the country.
8. Its now evident that peaceful wind=d of change driven by the will of the people is blowing across Africa. Uganda will not be an exception if we want to avoid a “tsunamis” We expect daughter and sons in the security forces to identify with consensus of the populace.
9. In conclusion, you are hereby called upon to ensure you and all members of security services demonstrate your professionalism, rise above all challenges during and after this coming general elections in the name of the pearl of Africa.
For God My Country